The CeNT’s Cryomicroscopy and Electron Diffraction Core Facility is a newly established specialised laboratory utilizing a ground-breaking and Nobel winning technology of cryo-electron microscopy for direct visualizations of vitrified biological macromolecules in their native state. Currently, the lab is equipped with a 200kV cryo-Transmission Electron Microscope Glacios capable of resolving structures in an imaging mode of around 3 Å resolution. In addition, a new functionality of a microscrystal electron diffraction (micro-ED) is available which allows for structural studies of micro to nano crystals of small molecules and proteins.
| Prof. Krzysztof Woźniak - head of Cryomicroscopy and Electron Diffraction Core Facility|
|Tomasz Góral, PhD - experiment design consultant, microscope operator and data analyst|
Research qualifications and technical skills:
2. Vitrobot for automatic vitrification of biological samples
3. Glow discharge unit (PELCO easiGlow, Ted Pella) for glow discharging TEM grids
4. Auxillary equipment for micro-ED sample preparation (sonicator, vacuum chamber)
5. IT infrastructure for data storage & analysis including storage infrastructure, servers, computational clusters, software
List of recent publications utilising our facility:
- Tian Y, Liang R, Kumar A, Szwedziak P, Viles JH. 3D-visualization of amyloid-β oligomer interactions with lipid membranes by cryo-electron tomography. Chem Sci. 2021 Mar 31;12(20):6896-6907. doi: 10.1039/d0sc06426b. PMID: 34123318; PMCID: PMC8153238.
- Alvarez-Malmagro J, Jablonowska E, Nazaruk E, Szwedziak P, Bilewicz R. How do lipid nanocarriers – Cubosomes affect electrochemical properties of DMPC bilayers deposited on gold (111) electrodes? Bioelectrochemistry. 2020 Aug;134:107516. doi: 10.1016/j.bioelechem.2020.107516. Epub 2020 Mar 20. PMID: 32222670.
- Alvarez-Malmagro J, Matyszewska D, Nazaruk E, Szwedziak P, Bilewicz R. PM-IRRAS Study on the Effect of Phytantriol-Based Cubosomes on DMPC Bilayers as Model Lipid Membranes. Langmuir. 2019 Dec 17;35(50):16650-16660. doi: 10.1021/acs.langmuir.9b02974. Epub 2019 Dec 5. PMID: 31746606.
- Cytryniak A, Nazaruk E, Bilewicz R, Górzyńska E, Żelechowska-Matysiak K, Walczak R, Mames A, Bilewicz A, Majkowska-Pilip A. Lipidic Cubic-Phase Nanoparticles (Cubosomes) Loaded with Doxorubicin and Labeled with 177Lu as a Potential Tool for Combined Chemo and Internal Radiotherapy for Cancers. Nanomaterials (Basel). 2020 „Nov 16;10(11):2272. doi: 10.3390/nano10112272. PMID: 33207760; PMCID: PMC7696353.”
- Piszczatowska K, Czerwaty K, Cyran AM, Fiedler M, Ludwig N, Brzost J, Szczepański MJ. The Emerging Role of Small Extracellular Vesicles in Inflammatory Airway Diseases. Diagnostics (Basel). 2021 Feb 2;11(2):222. doi: 10.3390/diagnostics11020222. PMID: 33540806; PMCID: PMC7913078
A formal acceptation of the rules and regulations is required prior to granting access to core facilities equipment and staff consultations. All information about them you can find in the form below:
To reserve your consultation time, please complete the form below: