W ramach przeprowadzonego postępowania Komisja Konkursowa rekomendowała kandydaturę dr Sylwii Czarnomskiej na stanowisko młodego doktora.
Title of the position: Post-doctoral position in Urban Ecological Genomics
Scientific discipline:Ecology & Evolution
Number of job offers:1
Remuneration/Stipend amount/month:100 000 brutto brutto for 12 months contract
Position starts on:15/01/2019
Maximum period of contract/stipend agreement:12 months
Institution:Wild Urban Evolution & Ecology Lab
Project leader: Marta Szulkin
Project title: Ecological genetics of the great tit in a new, long-term population study set along an urbanization gradient
We seek a post-doctoral research fellow in population / ecological genomics to work in the Wild Urban Evolution & Ecology Lab (http://leem.cent.uw.edu.pl) led by Marta Szulkin at the Centre of New Technologies (CeNT), University of Warsaw (Poland) for a period of 1 year. The position is part of a 5 year grant awarded by the Polish Science Foundation (NCN) entitled: “Ecological genetics of the great tit in a new, long-term population study set along an urbanization gradient”, which started in October 2015. CeNT is a vibrant research-only institute located on the science campus of the University of Warsaw. English is the working language of the group.
Background. Urban areas are predicted to expand 12-fold between 2000 and 2050, yet knowledge on the evolutionary ecology of free-living animals in urban environments is very scarce. To understand the footprint of cities on the phenotype and genotype of a wild bird, we have (i) started a large-scale, long-term study of great tits Parus major and blue tits Cyanistes caeruleus in the city of Warsaw (Poland) in a gradient of urbanization, and (ii) performed replicated sampling across multiple habitats and multiple cities countrywide.
Key responsibilities include:
Job description. The post-doctoral fellow will analyse NGS data and apply genomic analytical pipelines to infer the ecological and population genomics of urban great tits on readily collected blood samples and recently extracted DNA. S/he will also participate in fieldwork and in collecting phenotypic and genetic data, and have flexibility to develop his/her own ideas and approaches to the overall research theme, with possibilities for further grant applications. S/he will work in interaction with the PI and all team members, as well as with collaborators with other urban evolutionary ecology research groups worldwide.
Profile of candidates/requirements:
We seek motivated candidates with a PhD degree, fluent English and a strong interest in population genetics. The candidate should have a background in evolutionary ecology, statistical modelling in R, RADseq and / or population genomic data analysis. Unix / Linux programming skills, lab experience and / or bird ringing experience are desirable.
Your application should include in PDF format: a cover letter, a CV (including your research experience, conference attendance, a publication list and contact information to two referees) and a scan of your PhD certificate.
Employment: Post-doctoral full time position (asystent / adiunkt naukowy). The position will allow for a refinement of urban population genomic research and has the potential for further research grant applications. Salary: 6250 PLN gross/month + 1 extra month bonus.
Please submit the following documents to:Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the term “Postdoc position” as email subject line. Top candidates will be invited for live interviews or via Skype. Start date: 1st of January-1st of March 2019.
Please submit the following documents to:Email application
To allow us to process your data, please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw. I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
In accordance with Article 13 of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – general regulation on data protection (Official Journal of the EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) the University of Warsaw informs that:
1. The administrator of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa, e-mail: email@example.com;
2. The Administrator has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
3. Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
4. The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 22(1) § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labour Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
5. Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labour Code is mandatory (this is: name(s) and surname, parents’ first names, date of birth, address of residence, correspondence address, education, previous employment);
6. The remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
7. The data will not be shared with any external entities, except for the cases provided for by law;
8. The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
9. You have the right to access your personal data, rectify, erase, restrict its processing and to withdraw the consent at any time – the withdrawal of consent to processing data should be done in written form, acceptably by e-mail sent to email@example.com;
10. You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data;
11. Your application will be archived and stored for auditing purposes;
12. The name of the selected candidate/s will be made public on the CeNT UW website in accordance with the requirements of the funding agency.
Termin nadsyłania aplikacji: 30/11/2018
Słowa kluczowe: urban - population genetics - ecology - evolution