W ramach przeprowadzonego postępowania Komisja Konkursowa rekomendowała kandydaturę dr Magdaleny Chojnackiej na stanowisko młody doktor.
Post-doc to the Laboratory of Molecular Basis of Synaptic Plasticity
Centre of New Technologies, University of Warsaw, Warsaw; www: https://cent.uw.edu.pl
* PhD in biology or related sciences (the applicant must have obtained her/his doctoral degree no sooner than 7 years before the starting year of the employment in the project, excluding maternity/paternity leave and health leave);
* documented research experience in molecular biology;
* strong interest in neurobiology;
* fluent English;
* previous training in neurobiology, animal experimentation, bioimaging, electron microscopy or electrophysiology is a plus;
* capacity for logical and critical thinking;
* ability to direct her/his experimental efforts independently.
Laboratory of Molecular Basis of Synaptic Plasticity in a newly established Centre of New Technologies, University of Warsaw, has an opening for a post-doc position in the project “Ultrastructure of hair cells of the organ of Corti and the effects of minocycline on responses to acustic stimulation in a mouse model of fragile X syndrome” funded by the National Science Centre. The project leader is Magdalena Dziembowska.
Short summary of the project and the key responsibilities
The mechanisms underlying the disturbance of the response to acoustic signals in patients with fragile X (FXS) syndrome are very poorly understood. At the same time, it is known that children suffering from FXS exhibit hypersensitivity to auditory stimuli.
Sensory cells (inner hair cells) grouped in the organ of Corti play the key role in the processing of auditory information. Preliminary results of our research with the use of mice deficient in Fmr1 gene expression (Fmr1 KO) indicate morphological changes in the synaptic layer of the hair cells. Since this is the first synaptic connection from sensory cells to the brain, we hypothesize that the differences in synapse structure that we observed can at least partly account for disturbances in sound reception in FXS. The main objectives of the project are to analyze the morphology and ultrastructure of hair cells, to check the effect of minocycline on potential defects in the morphology of these cells and to evaluate changes in the processing of auditory stimuli by means of electrophysiology in vivo.
One postdoctoral position is planned in the grant and the person will be responsible for design and execution of most of the experiments, data analysis and writing of manuscripts. For the realization of all planed research tasks it will be important to find a candidate which fulfills the following criteria:
– expertise in animal handling and appropriate certificate
– expertise in immunofluorescent labelling and confocal microscopy
– sample preparation and imaging electron microscopy (basic)
Additionally dissection of the Corti organ and imaging of the cochlea will be a strong point in recruitment procedure.
Type of NCN grant and Pannell: Opus/ NZ
Deadline for applications: 31/07/2018 12:00pm
1. Status: Full time position
2. Employment: Contract
3. Type: Defined
4. Period: 36 months (including 3 month probation) planned start date: August 2018 (flexible).
5. Remuneration: approximately 6 000 PLN per month plus a thirteen salary;
1. Required documents:
* cover letter;
* scientific CV including your personal data, education, research experience, main achievements,
* list of publications;
* PhD certificate, or master degree certificate with a statement about the foreseen date of PhD thesis defense;
* contact details for two people that can provide recommendations.
2. Method of application:
apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (please write “application for a postdoc position” in the mail’s subject line)
* offers will be accepted till 31st July
* we reserve the rights to interview the shortlisted candidates only;
* the results will be announced via email;
in the case of not signing the contract by the selected candidate, due to the resignation, we reserve the rights to choose the next candidate from the ranking list.
Researcher profile: Recognised (R2)
Research Field: Neurobiology
Keywords: hair cells, fragile X syndrome, synapse, minocycline
Information and agreement clause
To allow us to process your data, please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw. I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
In accordance with Article 13 of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – general regulation on data protection (Official Journal of the EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) the University of Warsaw informs that:
1. The Controller of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa;
2. The Controller has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: email@example.com;
3. Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
4. The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 221 § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labour Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
5. Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labour Code is mandatory, and the remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
6. The data will not be shared with any external entities;
7. The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
8. You have the right to access your personal data, to rectify, erase them, restrict their processing, object to processing, and to withdraw the consent at any time;
9. You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data.”
Termin nadsyłania aplikacji: 31/07/2018
Słowa kluczowe: hair cells, fragile X syndrome, synapse, minocycline