W ramach przeprowadzonego postępowania Komisja Konkursowa rekomendowała kandydaturę mgr Alicji Olczak na stanowisko doktoranta.
Title of the position: Ph.D. Student
Scientific discipline: Molecular and Cell Biology of Stem Cells
Job type: Scholarship
Number of job offers: 1
Remuneration/Stipend amount/month: 4 000 PLN/month
Position starts on: 2018-02-01
Maximum period of contract/stipend agreement: 27
Institution: Laboratory of Stem Cells, Tissue Development and Regeneration
Project leader: Dr. Krzysztof Kobielak
Project title: Reciprocal interaction between hair follicle Stem Cells and surrounding niche during skin and hair regeneration
Key responsibilities include:
1. A Ph.D. student will work with genetically modified mice (to obtain a required genetic background with mice crossing, inducing gene activation or ablation in vivo, mice genotyping, and analyzing of mouse phenotypes.
2. A Ph.D. student will be involved in cells isolation from varies tissues predominantly from skin of genetically modified mice.
3. Sorting of stem cells by FACS and preparation of samples for RNA–seq or Chip-seq analysis as well as stem cells culture in vitro.
4. Tissue analysis by immunofluorescent /immunoisochemistry staining and /or in situ hybridization with use of microscope techniques.
Profile of candidates/requirements:
1. M.Sc. in Biology, Biotechnology or M.D. in Medicine
2. Good knowledge of English,
3. Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, PowerPoint
4. Team work skills,
5. Experience or knowledge in laboratory work (gel electrophoresis, PCR, RT-PCR, q-PCR, DNA/RNA/Protein extraction/purification, DNA cloning, western blot, cryo- and paraffin- sectionings, cell culture, FACS sorting, immunofluorescent /immunoisochemistry staining, in situ hybridization, mouse breeding/numbering/genotyping, some basic mouse surgeries, microscope techniques).
1. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
2. Cover letter, describing Candidate motivation
3. M.Sc. or M.D. certificate
4. One or more letters of recommendation from a scientist who is familiar with the Candidate (submitted directly to email address below)
5. Information on scientific publications, scholarships, prizes and awards or other relevant documents demonstrating the excellence of Candidate
6. A list of attended conferences with titles and authors of presentations
7. A personal data processing agreement.
Monthly scholarship approximately 4 000 PLN. The initial appointment is one-year with possibility of renewal up to 27 months. The appointment should start between 1st of February 2019, but not later than 1st of March 2019.
Please submit the following documents to: Please send e-mail to: email@example.com (entitle your email “Team Ph.D. student”).
“Project is carried out within the International Research Agenda programme of the Foundation for Polish Science”.
To allow us to process your data, please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw. I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
In accordance with Article 13 of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – general regulation on data protection (Official Journal of the EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) the University of Warsaw informs that:
- The administrator of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- The Administrator has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: email@example.com;
- Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
- The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 22(1) § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labour Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
- Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labour Code is mandatory (this is: name(s) and surname, parents’ first names, date of birth, address of residence, correspondence address, education, previous employment);
- The remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
- The data will not be shared with any external entities, except for the cases provided for by law;
- The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
- You have the right to access your personal data, rectify, erase, restrict its processing and to withdraw the consent at any time – the withdrawal of consent to processing data should be done in written form, acceptably by e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data;
- Your application will be archived and stored for auditing purposes;
- The name of the selected candidate/s will be made public on the CeNT UW website in accordance with the requirements of the funding agency.
Termin nadsyłania aplikacji: 21/01/2019
Słowa kluczowe: stem cells, hair follicle, BMP signaling, Wnt signaling, skin development and regeneration