The Centre of New Technologies is recruiting a Flow Cytometry Specialist to run the daily operation of the Cell Analysis Core Facility. The Cell Analysis Core Facility provides cell-sorting and analysis services and support to the whole institute. The Flow Cytometry Specialist provides assistance in the overall workflow including calibration, operation, and maintenance of all core instruments. The Flow Cytometry Specialist is responsible for providing guidance and assistance to new and existing facility users and will have the opportunity to work on different BD platforms.
Scientific discipline: Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry
Job type (employment contract/stipend): employment contract
Number of job offers: 1
Remuneration/stipend amount/month: salary adequate to the level of experience
Position starts on: as soon as possible
Institution: Centre of New Technologies, University of Warsaw
- Operating, maintaining and calibrating the FACS Aria Fusion cell sorter and the LSR Fortessa cell analyzer, including daily alignment, sorting and basic maintenance;
- Perform daily startup and shutdown of instrumentation;
- Perform Quality Control in the existing cell sorter, analyzer and other required instrumentation;
- Data management and the ability to provide advice on data analysis;
- Training of core facility users on how to properly operate instrumentation;
- Ordering and maintaining of consumables for the Cell Analysis Core Facility;
- Cooperating with scientists and external parties, including commercial entities; demonstrating activity in the implementation of scientific projects and provision of commercial services.
- MSc graduate in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or Chemistry-related field.
- PhD degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or Chemistry-related field;
- Minimum 1-year experience in flow cytometry techniques and principles of operation;
- Experience in preparing samples autonomously for flow cytometry, demonstrable proficiency at data acquisition/analysis of samples;
- Proficiency/autonomous operation of BD analyzers and FACSDiva platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- The ability to interact with, guide and instruct a large group of research staff with a variety of scientific backgrounds;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- The ability to identify and set priorities, work to deadlines, multitasking, flexible attitude to new ideas and approaches.
- Cover letter,
- Reference contacts.
- Attractive salary adequate to presented skills and experience;
- Stable employment.
Please submit the following documents to: email@example.com.
Application deadline: 31st March 2019.
We will contact selected candidates only.
For more details about the position please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include in your offer:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw.
I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
Pursuant to Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), University of Warsaw hereby informs:
- The Controller of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa;
- The Controller has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: email@example.com;
- Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
- The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 221 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labor Code (uniformed text: Journal of Laws of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
- Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labor Code is mandatory, and the remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
- The data will not be shared with any external entities;
- The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
- You have the right to access your personal data, to rectify, erase them, restrict their processing, object to processing, and to withdraw the consent at any time;
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data.
Termin nadsyłania aplikacji: 31/03/2019