Centre of New Technologies, University of Warsaw, Poland,
calls for applications for
RESEARCH GROUP LEADER
(according to Polish system: adiunkt naukowy or profesor nadzwyczajny naukowy)
We are looking for dynamic group leader to establish independent research group and to develop ambitious and innovative research programme in the field of biophysics. We encourage outstanding researchers, both young and already established, to apply for the post.
Center of New Technologies UW is a new interdisciplinary, scientific unit of the University of Warsaw focused on research and development. Our mission is to contribute to society well educated leaders of science who will provide important research. We are based on close inter-relationship between teaching, scholarship, and research. By supporting young researchers we would like to provide important and innovative solutions to the society in the field of new technologies, computer sciences, medicine, environmental protection, industry and agriculture.
Profile of candidates/requirements:
• PhD degree in biophysics, physics, molecular biology, biology, biochemistry, biomedicine, bioinformatics or similar and adequate post-doctoral experience,
• Outstanding record of scientific achievements reflected by publication record,
• Original and independent research programme,
• Strong leadership complemented by ability to collaborate,
• Research focus matching CeNT UW scientific profile.
CeNT UW offers a friendly, inspiring and interdisciplinary working environment and research opportunities of the large biomedical campus. CeNT UW is located at the Ochota Campus and has access to state-of-the-art technology, excellent core facilities and supportive administration. Information about research of CeNT UW can be found at https://cent.uw.edu.pl/ .
Initial appointment of a group leader is for four years with the possibility of extensions. The new positions will start in summer/autumn 2019. The new research group will be expected to secure extramural, national and international funding.
Applications must be written in English and prepared as a single pdf file including:
• Cover letter,
• Curriculum Vitae including a list of publications,
• Description of 1-3 most important scientific achievements (max. 2 pages),
• Summary (max. 2 pages) of the applicant’s future research plans,
• Contact details for 2 professional referees who can be contacted for recommendation letters.
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 January 2019.
Please, use ”Research Group Leader application” as a title of your message.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview to be held in Warsaw on 13-14 May 2019 during the Council of the CeNT UW meeting.
To allow us to process your data, please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw. I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
In accordance with Article 13 of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – general regulation on data protection (Official Journal of the EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) the University of Warsaw informs that:
- The administrator of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa, e-mail: email@example.com;
- The Administrator has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
- The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 22(1) § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labour Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
- Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labour Code is mandatory (this is: name(s) and surname, parents’ first names, date of birth, address of residence, correspondence address, education, previous employment);
- The remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
- The data will not be shared with any external entities, except for the cases provided for by law;
- The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
- You have the right to access your personal data, rectify, erase, restrict its processing and to withdraw the consent at any time – the withdrawal of consent to processing data should be done in written form, acceptably by e-mail sent to email@example.com;
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data;
- Your application will be archived and stored for auditing purposes;
- The name of the selected candidate/s will be made public on the CeNT UW website in accordance with the requirements of the funding agency.
Informal inquiries concerning the position can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: biophysics, physics, molecular biology, biology, biochemistry, biomedicine, bioinformatics