Results of the competition:
As part of the conducted procedure, the Competition Committee recommended the candidacy of Dr Anna Strzeszewska for the post of Postdoctoral Researcher.
The Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Signaling is seeking a talented and enthusiastic individual to join our dynamic research team asPostdoctoral fellow
Cancer is a disease of transcription factors – they drive tumor growth, metastasis, and prevent cell death in cancerous tissue. Gli proteins are transcription factors involved in many tumors. The mechanisms of the transition of Gli proteins into active drivers of transcription is poorly understood. To discover the molecular foundations of the regulation of Gli proteins in development and disease, you will use state-of-the-art techniques ranging from bioinformatics, through genetic manipulations to quantitative proteomics and confocal microscopy both in cell culture and in vivo.
For more information, please visit our website: http://lmcs.cent.uw.edu.pl/
· An environment that pushes you to excel, fostering your creativity, autonomy, and personal growth
· Strong mentoring that will help you develop into a mature and well-rounded scientist
· Access to state-of-the-art equipment
· Opportunities for interdisciplinary and international collaborations
· Competitive salary
You need to be:
· Creative and an analytical thinker
· Willing to take initiative in big-picture thinking, experimental design, and troubleshooting
· Passionate about hard work in a high-pressure environment
· Solid publication record in peer-reviewed journals
· Ability to communicate fluently in English
· PhD degree in biology, medicine, pharmacy, or related fields
Preferred, but not strictly required:
· Experience in molecular cloning, cell culture, proteomics, animal models and/or fluorescence imaging
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org (put “Postdoc” in the subject line).
· Cover letter describing personal motivation to apply for this position
· Description of a project that you might want to pursue in the lab (max. 1 page)
· CV with contact information for at least 2 references, including PhD advisor
· Include the following statement in your application: “I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw. I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
The deadline for applying is July 31st, 2018 but we will continue to accept applications until the position is filled. The target start date is September 1st, 2018, but we can be flexible.
We reserve the right to invite only a few selected candidates for interviews. If the top ranking candidate does not sign the contract, we reserve the right to offer the position to the next candidate on the ranking list.
Pursuant to Article 13 of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – general regulation on data protection (Official Journal of the EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) the University of Warsaw informs that:
1. The Controller of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa;
2. The Controller has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: email@example.com;
3. Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
4. The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 22 § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labour Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
5. Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labour Code is mandatory, and the remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
6. The data will not be shared with any external entities;
7. The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
8. You have the right to access your personal data, to rectify, erase them, restrict their processing, object to processing, and to withdraw the consent at any time;
9. You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data.
Tags: biology, molecular and cellular signalling