Title of the position: Postdoc
Scientific discipline: Physics
Job type: Contract
Number of job offers: 1
Remuneration/Stipend amount/month: Gross = 14,000 PLN / month (Expected net = 8,000 PLN / month)
Position starts on: 01.06.2019
Maximum period of contract/stipend agreement: 3 years
Institution: Quantum Resources and Information Laboratory
Project leader: Alexander Streltsov
Project title: Quantum Coherence and Entanglement for Quantum Technology
Successful candidates will work in a team of theoretical physicists and mathematicians on fundamental features of quantum systems and their applications in quantum technology. Potential research topics include, but are not limited to:
– Quantum resource theories (entanglement, coherence, thermodynamics)
– Quantum communication and quantum computation
– Open quantum systems
Key responsibilities include:
1. Investigation of general quantum features, such as entanglement and quantum coherence, in quantum protocols and quantum computation.
2. Preparation and dissemination of the research results at international workshops and conferences.
Profile of candidates/requirements:
Candidates should have a PhD degree in physics or related area, and have research expertise in at least one of the following topics:
– Quantum resource theories
– Quantum communication
– Quantum computation
– Open quantum systems
1. Motivation Letter
2. Current curriculum vitae
3. Research record
4. Contact details of at least two senior researchers familiar with candidate’s work
Participation in an exciting research program conducted within a newly established centre with high scientific expectations and goals.
Work within Quantum Resources and Information Lab, led by Dr. Alexander Streltsov, yet in close collaboration with theoretical and experimental groups within the Centre for Quantum Optical Technologies, as well as other research teams specialising in quantum theory and its implementations within Warsaw’s research community: http://quantum-warsaw.pl/.
An open and friendly research environment with access to all the facilities available within the Centre of New Technologies (CENT)―an interdisciplinary research institute established within the University of Warsaw to gather international researchers of different backgrounds and experience, in order to conduct state-of-the-art research in biological, chemical and physical science: http://cent.uw.edu.pl/en/.
Close collaboration with foreign institutions, with the necessary financial support of travels and scientific visits.
Please submit the following documents to: Email
To allow us to process your data, please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. KrakowskiePrzedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw. I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
In accordance with Article 13 of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – general regulation on data protection (Official Journal of the EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) the University of Warsaw informs that:
1. The Controller of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at KrakowskiePrzedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa;
2. The Controller has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: email@example.com;
3. Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
4. The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 221 § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labour Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
5. Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labour Code is mandatory, and the remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
6. The data will not be shared with any external entities;
7. The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
8. You have the right to access your personal data, to rectify, erase them, restrict their processing, object to processing, and to withdraw the consent at any time;
9. You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data.”
Tags: Quantum information