Results of the competition:
As part of the conducted procedure, the Competition Committee recommended the candidacy of Martyna Molak, PhD for the post of Postdoc in the Laboratory of Paleogenetics and Conservation Genetics
Title of the position: Postdoc in the Laboratory of Paleogenetics and Conservation Genetics
Scientific discipline: Molecular biology, Genetics
Job type: Contract
Number of job offers: 1
Remuneration/Stipend amount/month: ca. 2000 Euro/mo
Position starts on: 01.08.2019
Maximum period of contract/stipend agreement: up to 36 months
Institution: Laboratory of Paleogenetics and Conservation Genetics
Project leader: Prof. Piotr Węgleński
Project title: Genetic history of Poles
Project Description: The general aim of this project is to reconstruct the genetic history of the present population of Poland. We will perform analyzes of ancient and modern genomes to find answer to several importantquestions: (1) What was the population structure and genetic heterogeneity of human population inhabiting the territory of the present day Poland and was it undergoing changes during the last 4,000 years? (2) Werechanges in population structure connectedwith major events in Polish population history? (3) Do we have in our genomes (and how big it is) an admixture of genes we inherited after Vandals, Goths and other tribes which invaded East-Central Europe during the period of Great Migrations? (4) How bigare the genetic differences between various subpopulations in Poland and populations occupying the neighboring countries?
Key responsibilities include:
Isolation and amplification of DNA from archaeological materials. DNA sequencing and analysis of the data obtained.
Profile of candidates/requirements:
PhD in Molecular biology or Genetics. Knowledge of DNA isolation, amplification and sequencing techniques.
Motivation letter, CV, Copy of the PhD diploma, minimum one recommendation letter.
Stimulating and friendly work environment. Well equipped laboratory.
Please submit the following documents to: Please send your application to Prof. P. Węgleński at: email@example.com
To allow us to process your data, please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. KrakowskiePrzedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw. I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
In accordance with Article 13 of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – general regulation on data protection (Official Journal of the EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) the University of Warsaw informs that:
- The Controller of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at KrakowskiePrzedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa;
- The Controller has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
- The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 221 § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labour Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
- Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labour Code is mandatory, and the remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
- The data will not be shared with any external entities;
- The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
- You have the right to access your personal data, to rectify, erase them, restrict their processing, object to processing, and to withdraw the consent at any time;
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data.”
Tags: Antique DNA (aDNA). Population genetics.