Results of the competition:
As part of the conducted procedure, the Competition Committee recommended the candidacy of Miriam Izzo, MSc for the post of PhD student.
Title of the position: PhD Studentship in Artificial Photosynthesis
Scientific discipline:Biotechnology, Biology, Biochemistry
Number of job offers:1
Remuneration/Stipend amount/month:3500 PLN/month
Position starts on:04/02/2019
Maximum period of contract/stipend agreement:36 months
Institution:Solar Fuels Lab
Project leader: Prof. Joanna Kargul
Project title: Design and optimisation of molecular interface for efficient electron transfer within photosystem I-based photovoltaic devices
Key responsibilities include:
Purification, modification and immobilisation of (photo)electroactive
His6- tagged (photo)electroactive proteins on a self-assembled monolayer. Characterisation of electron transfer parameters of the obtained biohybrid
constructs with the resolution of a single supramolecular construct.
Profile of candidates/requirements:
A recent first-class graduate with a strong degree in any relevant subject related to biology, biochemistry or biotechnology. The PhD student will be directly supervised by the PI and will work on purification and modification of the protein components of the photoelectrodes, as well their oriented immobilisation on various substrates and chronoamperometric assessment of the electrodes obtained in this study.
• an MSc certificate or equivalent in biochemistry, molecular biology, plant physiology, biophysics, materials engineering or a related field,
• a transcript from the last completed cycle of studies (with a cumulative average grade),
• a list of publications and conference abstracts (if applicable).
Highly interdisciplinary laboratory with with an excellent mix of organic synthesis, electrochemical and biochemical expertise. The project will be conducted in collaboration with leading experts in the field using world-class imaging and electrochemical equipment.
Please submit the following documents to:Applicants should send a curriculum vitae, including a list of publications, cover letter, and contact details of 2 referees to Dr. Joanna Kargul (email@example.com), quoting OPUS14PhD in the subject line. Informal enquiries are welcome. The closing date for the receipt of applications is 25 January 2019. Interviews of shortlisted candidates will be scheduled for the week beginning on 28 January 2019.
Please submit the following documents to:firstname.lastname@example.org
To allow us to process your data, please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw. I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
In accordance with Article 13 of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – general regulation on data protection (Official Journal of the EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) the University of Warsaw informs that:
- The administrator of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa, e-mail: email@example.com;
- The Administrator has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
- The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 22(1) § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labour Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
- Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labour Code is mandatory (this is: name(s) and surname, parents’ first names, date of birth, address of residence, correspondence address, education, previous employment);
- The remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
- The data will not be shared with any external entities, except for the cases provided for by law;
- The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
- You have the right to access your personal data, rectify, erase, restrict its processing and to withdraw the consent at any time – the withdrawal of consent to processing data should be done in written form, acceptably by e-mail sent to email@example.com;
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data;
- Your application will be archived and stored for auditing purposes;
- The name of the selected candidate/s will be made public on the CeNT UW website in accordance with the requirements of the funding agency.
Tags: photosynthesis, artificial leaf, solar conversion, photosystem I, cytochrome