Laboratory for Photoelectrochemistry and Solar Energy Conversion is searching for a PhD candidate to join project entitled “Design, construction and investigations of earth abundant materials based heterojunctions for high efficiency solar energy conversion”.
– applicants must have a MSc degree in chemistry, physics, chemical engineering, or in the relevant field
– experience in laboratory work
– preference will be given to candidates who have experience in materials synthesis and/ or photoelectrochemistry
– ability to work in a team, and to communicate effectively with team members, will also be an advantage
Materials selection, synthesis and photoelectrochemical screening in order to adjust the components to the construction of a powerful heterojunction.
Development of catalysts and their nano-architecture to enhance both, oxidation and reduction reactions with concomitant assembly of single systems to layered and core-shell structures with focus on disordered systems.
Design and fabrication of nanostructured semiconductor n-type and p-type photoelectrodes based on binary, ternary, and lanthanides systems with their parallel optimization and extensive structural and photoelectrochemical characterization.
1. Status: Full time
2. Employment: Scholarship
3. Type: Defined
4. Period: 36months/3years
5. Position starts on: 10/2018
1. Required documents: CV/cover letter/diploma/ letters of recommendation from at least one academic referee/ list of publications or other scientific achievements
2. Method of application: email
3. Where to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Selected candidates will be contacted by e-mail for further recruitment steps.
• The offers will be accepted until the laureate is announced.
• In the case of not signing the contract by the candidate, due to the resignation, we reserve the right to choose the next candidate from the ranking list.
• We reserve the rights to invite the selected candidates only.
Information and agreement clause
To allow us to process your data, please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw. I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
In accordance with Article 13 of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – general regulation on data protection (Official Journal of the EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) the University of Warsaw informs that:
1. The Administrator of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa;
2. The Administrator has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: email@example.com;
3. Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
4. The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 22(1) § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labour Code (uniformed text: Dz. U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
5. Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labour Code is mandatory (this is: name(s) and surname, parents’ first names, date of birth, address of residence, correspondence address, education, previous employment);
6. The remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
7. The data will not be shared with any external entities, except for the cases provided for by law;
8The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
9. You have the right to access your personal data, rectify, erase, restrict its processing and to withdraw the consent at any time – the withdrawal of consent to processing data should be done in written form, acceptably by e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.;
10. You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data
11. Your application will be archived and stored for auditing purposes;
12. The name of the selected candidate/s will be made public on the CeNT UW website in accordance with the requirements of the funding agency.