Salary: 1500 PLN brutto-brutto (contract)
Position starts: 1 August 2019
Period of contract: 6 months (possibility of extension to 3 years total)
Institution: Centre of New Technologies, University of Warsaw
Project leader: dr Anna Marusiak
Project title: “The importance of MLK4 signalling in the communication between breast cancer cells and tumour-associated macrophages.”
Project is carried out within the “Sonata” programme of the National Science Centre.
The main objective of this project is to describe the role of MLK4-dependent communication between breast cancer cells and macrophages, which are the most abundant immune cells in tumour microenvironment. MLK4 is a serine/threonine kinase that plays an important role in various cellular processes including proliferation, differentiation, migration of cells. We have recently proven that MLK4 is highly expressed in breast carcinoma and that it contributes to invasive phenotype of breast cancer cells. In our new project, we will evaluate the role of MLK4 on the abundance and behaviour of immune cells, macrophages, in tumour surroundings.
Key responsibilities of candidates:
- Performing experimental research under the supervision of the project leader (including cell culture, buffer preparation, 3D cell culture, molecular cloning, transfections, various phenotypic assays, kinase assays).
- Participation in group meetings, preparing reports.
Requirements of candidates:
- Undergraduate student of biotechnology, biology, medicine or similar field.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
- Enthusiastic, open and motivated for doing science. Willing to spend approx. 10-12 hours a week (flexible hours) in the lab.
- Experience in laboratory work (e.g. cell culture, immunoblotting) is a benefit.
- Motivation letter.
- Transcript of records from the undergraduate program.
- Possibility to work in a young, active team in an excellent scientific environment (access to the state-of-the-art equipment).
- Learning various laboratory techniques.
- Competitive salary.
Application deadline: 1 July 2019 (extended until the candidate is selected)
The required documents must be sent by e-mail in PDF format to email@example.com. The recruitment committee will interview selected candidates before making the final decision. In the case of resignation of the winner of the competition from signing the contract, we reserve the right to choose the second person from the ranking list.
To allow us to process your data, please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw. I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
In accordance with Article 13 of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – general regulation on data protection (Official Journal of the EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) the University of Warsaw informs that:
- The Controller of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa;
- The Controller has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
- The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 221 § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labour Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
- Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labour Code is mandatory, and the remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
- The data will not be shared with any external entities;
- The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
- You have the right to access your personal data, to rectify, erase them, restrict their processing, object to processing, and to withdraw the consent at any time;
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data.”
Termin nadsyłania aplikacji: 01/07/2019