Title of the position: Undergraduate student in Chemical and Biological Systems Simulation Lab
Scientific discipline: Chemistry
Job type: Civil-law agreement
Number of job offers: 1
Remuneration/Stipend amount/month: 1500 PLN/month
Position starts on: 20/09/2019
Maximum period of contract/stipend agreement: 2 years
Institution: Chemical and Biological Systems Simulation Laboratory
Project leader: Katarzyna Młodzikowska/ dr hab. Bartosz Trzaskowski
Project title: Analysis of the degradation reactions of ruthenium metathesis catalysts.
Project Description: The aim of this project is a systematic study of decomposition route of ruthenium catalysts in olefin metathesis reaction. The thorough understanding of decomposition pathways for known ruthenium catalysts (Hoveyda and Grubbs type) will be an important step in rational design of novel, more efficient catalysts. The main part of this project consists of investigation of possible decomposition reaction pathways of both commonly used and novel metathesis catalysts and modeling new possible intermediates using computational methods.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Design and modelling of electronic properties of carbenes and transition metal complexes
2. Analysis of the obtained data
3. Active participation in lab meetings, scientific seminars and international conferences.
4. Participation in the data preparation and writing of manuscripts.
Profile of candidates/requirements:
1. Enrolled as student of chemistry or related discipline.
2. Willing to spend 10-15 hours a week (flexible hours) to do fun projects.
3. With good oral/written communication skills in English.
4. Although not required, any previous experience in molecular modelling would be welcome.
CV and cover letter
1. An opportunity to participate in a multidisciplinary project in one of the best scientific institutions in Poland
2. Stimulating, young and friendly work environment
3. Access to high-end computing equipment (CPU clusters)
Please submit the following documents to: Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To allow us to process your data, please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. KrakowskiePrzedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw. I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
In accordance with Article 13 of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – general regulation on data protection (Official Journal of the EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) the University of Warsaw informs that:
- The Controller of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at KrakowskiePrzedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa;
- The Controller has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: email@example.com;
- Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
- The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 221 § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labour Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
- Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labour Code is mandatory, and the remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
- The data will not be shared with any external entities;
- The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
- You have the right to access your personal data, to rectify, erase them, restrict their processing, object to processing, and to withdraw the consent at any time;
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data.
Termin nadsyłania aplikacji: 31/08/2019
Słowa kluczowe: metathesis, catalysts decomposition