The „Quantum Optical Technologies” International Research Agenda Unit
Centre of New Technologies, University of Warsaw, Poland
calls for applications for
The aim of the project is to establish the Centre for Quantum Optical Technologies (QOT) whose mission is the exploration of specifically quantum phenomena, such as superpositions and entanglement, to develop new modes of quantum information processing and transmission, metrology, sensing, and imaging with long-term prospects of their practical utilisation.
Project is carried out within the International Research Agenda Programme (IRAP) of the Foundation for Polish Science.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support of innovation activities conducted in QOT IRAP Unit;
- Developing the innovation strategy for QOT IRAP Unit;
- Preparation of descriptions of patent applications for inventions created in the QOT IRAP Unit;
- Conducting research on patentability of inventions created in the QOT IRAP Unit;
- Responsibility for building relationships with industrial partners interested in research carried out at the QOT IRAP Unit;
- Participation in the preparation of applications for public and private funding for the further development of research initiated in the QOT IRAP Unit;
- Training and acquisition of the knowledge by the members of the QOT project team in the field of intellectual property protection and entrepreneurship.
Profile of candidates/requirements:
- Ph.D. in physical sciences (physics, chemistry, materials science or related disciplines);
- Polish Patent Attorney (having or willing to obtain European Patent Attorney will be considered an additional advantage);
- At least two years of industrial experience;
- Good written and oral communication skills in English;
- Good group/collaborative work skills, self-motivation and experience in protecting of Intellectual Property Rights;
- Knowledge of the field of quantum optical technologies will be considered additional advantage.
- curriculum vitae;
- motivation letter;
- supporting statement specifying how the candidate meets the search criteria and can contribute to the operation of the IRAP QOT Unit at large (document should be sent as pdf files attached to a single e-mail message).
- Participation in an exciting research program conducted within a newly established centre of excellence in quantum technologies;
- Work in close collaboration with centre’s theoretical and experimental groups in an open and friendly environment;
- Close collaboration with foreign institutions, in particular, with the University of Oxford (UK)―the strategic partner of the QOT IRAP Unit;
- Opportunities to personal development related to this position such as best practices knowledge exchange visit at the University of Oxford.
Job type: contract
Number of job offers: 1
Remuneration/Stipend amount/month: 27 000 PLN/month full renumeration cost
Position starts on: 01.12.2018
Maximum period of contract/stipend agreement: until 30 April 2023
Please submit the following documents to:E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use “Technology Officer application” in the title of the message
Termin nadsyłania aplikacji: 22/11/2018
Słowa kluczowe: quantum technologies, innovation