Title of the position: students
Scientific discipline: Theoretical quantum optics and quantum information science
Job type: Scholarship
Number of job offers: 6
Remuneration/month: 1500 – 2500 PLN gross/month
Position starts on: 2019-11-01
Maximum period of contrac: 2 years
Institution: Centre of New Technologies, University of Warsaw
Project leader: Prof. Konrad Banaszek
Project title: Quantum Optical Technologies (qot.uw.edu.pl)
Project is carried out within the International Research Agenda Programme (IRAP) of the Foundation for Polish Science
Project Description: Successful candidates will work in a team of theorists and experimentalists on fundamental properties of quantum systems, such as quantum coherence and entanglement, and their applications in quantum technologies, such as quantum metrology, sensing, communication, and computation.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Design and optimisation of quantum-enhanced protocols with the emphasis on their applications and implementations.
2. Analysis of the impact of noise and imperfections on real-life quantum devices and technologies.
3. Investigation of general quantum features, such as entanglement and quantum coherence, in quantum protocols and quantum computation
4. Preparation and dissemination of the research results at international workshops and conferences.
Profile of candidates/requirements:
Experience in at least one of the fields: optical physics, quantum physics, quantum optics, information theory, photonics commensurate with the education level of the candidate.
University of Warsaw strongly values the diversity of candidates and is very committed to the equality of opportunity.
1. Curriculum vitae
2. Research record
3. Academic transcript
4. Contact details of at least one senior researcher familiar with candidate’s work
To allow us to process your data, please include the consent clause for processing of personal data in your application.
Participation in an exciting research program conducted within a newly established centre with high scientific expectations and goals.
Work within one of the theoretical labs operating within the QOT unit, yet in close collaboration with centre’s theoretical and experimental groups, as well as other research teams specialising in quantum theory and its implementations within Warsaw’s research community: http://quantum-warsaw.pl/.
An open and friendly research environment with access to all the facilities available within the Centre of New Technologies (CENT)―an interdisciplinary research institute established within the University of Warsaw to gather international researchers of different backgrounds and experience, in order to conduct state-of-the-art research in biological, chemical and physical science: http://cent.uw.edu.pl/en/.
Close collaboration with foreign institutions, with the necessary financial support of travels and scientific visits provided by the QOT IRAP Unit, in particular, with the University of Oxford (UK)―the strategic partner of the Unit.
Application deadline: October 20, 2019
Please send the application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pursuant to Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), University of Warsaw hereby informs:
1. The Controller of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa;
2. The Controller has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: email@example.com;
3. Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
4. The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 221 § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labor Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
5. Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labor Code is mandatory, and the remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
6. The data will not be shared with any external entities;
7. The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
8. You have the right to access your personal data, to rectify, erase them, restrict their processing, object to processing, and to withdraw the consent at any time;
9. You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data.
10. Your application will be archived and stored for auditing purposes.
11. The name of the selected candidate/s will be made public on the CeNT UW website in accordance with the requirements of the funding agency.
To allow us to process your data, please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw.
I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
(place and date) (signature of the person applying for employment)
Termin nadsyłania aplikacji: 20/10/2019
Słowa kluczowe: optical physics, quantum physics, quantum optics, information theory, photonics