Title of the position: PhD Student in the Laboratory of Stem Cells, Development and Tissue Regeneration
Scientific discipline: Molecular and Cell Biology of Stem Cells
Job type: Scholarship
Number of job offers: 2
Remuneration/Stipend amount/month: up to 4000 PLN/month
Position starts on: 2020-04-01
Maximum period of contract/stipend agreement: 9
Institution: Laboratory of Stem Cells, Development and Tissue Regeneration
Project leader: Krzysztof Kobielak, M.D., Ph.D.
Project title: Reciprocal interaction between hair follicle Stem Cells and surrounding niche during skin and hair regeneration niche during skin and hair regeneration
Project Description: The main goal of the project is to investigate the behavior of hair follicle stem cells (hfSCs) during stem cells (SCs) quiescence and activation. Currently, my laboratory shed light on how a competitive balance of BMP/WNT signaling regulate hfSCs but there is a gap in our scientific knowledge regarding how BMP/WNT signaling integrate the regulation of different molecular networks in hfSCs during hair cycle. Our long term objective is to understand how this regenerative hair cycling behavior is regulated at the molecular level, and how reciprocal interaction between hfSCs and surrounding niche changes during hair homeostasis and regeneration.br /> Project is carried out within the TEAM programme of the Foundation for Polish Science
Key responsibilities include:
1. A Ph.D. student will work with genetically modified mice (to obtain a required genetic background with mice crossing, inducing gene activation or ablation in vivo, mice genotyping, and analyzing of mouse phenotypes). 2. A Ph.D. student will be involved in cells isolation from varies tissues predominantly from skin of genetically modified mice. 3. Sorting of stem cells by FACS and preparation of samples for RNA–seq or Chip-seq analysis as well as stem cells culture in vitro. 4. Tissue analysis by immunofluorescent /immunoisochemistry staining and /or in situ hybridization with use of microscope techniques.
Profile of candidates/requirements:
1. M.Sc. in Biology, Biotechnology or M.D. in Medicine 2. Good knowledge of English, 3. Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, PowerPoint 4. Team work skills, 5. Experience or knowledge in laboratory work (gel electrophoresis, PCR, RT-PCR, q-PCR, DNA/RNA/Protein extraction/purification, DNA cloning, western blot, cryo- and paraffin- sectionings, cell culture, FACS sorting, immunofluorescent /immunoisochemistry staining, in situ hybridization, mouse breeding/numbering/genotyping, some basic mouse surgeries, microscope techniques).
1. Curriculum Vitae (CV) 2. Cover letter, describing Candidate motivation 3. M.Sc. or M.D. certificate 4. One or more letters of recommendation from a scientist who is familiar with the Candidate (submitted directly to email address below) 5. Information on scientific publications, scholarships, prizes and awards or other relevant documents demonstrating the excellence of Candidate 6. A list of attended conferences with titles and authors of presentations 7. A scan of the signed personal data processing agreement (see below).
Monthly scholarship approximately 4 000 PLN for 9 months with possible extension. The appointment should start between 1st of April 2020, but not later than 1st of September 2020.
Please submit the following documents to: Please send e-mail to: email@example.com (entitle your email “Team Ph.D. student”).
To allow us to process your data, please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. KrakowskiePrzedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw. I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
In accordance with Article 13 of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – general regulation on data protection (Official Journal of the EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) the University of Warsaw informs that:
- The Controller of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at KrakowskiePrzedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa;
- The Controller has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
- The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 221 § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labour Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
- Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labour Code is mandatory, and the remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
- The data will not be shared with any external entities;
- The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
- You have the right to access your personal data, to rectify, erase them, restrict their processing, object to processing, and to withdraw the consent at any time;
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data.”
Termin nadsyłania aplikacji: 18/03/2020
Słowa kluczowe: PhD Student, Molecular and Cell Biology of Stem Cells, hair follicle Stem Cells and niche, BMP/WNT signaling