Title of the position: PhD student
Scientific discipline: cancer biology
Job type: Scholarship
Number of job offers: 1
Remuneration/Stipend amount/month: 4500
Position starts on: 01.08.2019
Maximum period of contract/stipend agreement: 36 months
Institution: Laboratory of Experimental Medicine
Project leader: Anna Marusiak
Project title: The importance of MLK4 signalling in the communication between breast cancer cells and tumour-associated macrophages
Project Description: The main objective of this project is to describe the role of MLK4-dependent communication between breast cancer cells and macrophages, which are the most abundant immune cells in tumour microenvironment. MLK4 is a serine/threonine kinase that plays an important role in various cellular processes including proliferation, differentiation, migration of cells. We have recently proven that MLK4 is highly expressed in breast carcinoma and that it contributes to invasive phenotype of breast cancer cells. In our new project, we will evaluate the role of MLK4 on the abundance and behaviour of immune cells, macrophages, in tumour surroundings.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Performing experimental research (including cell culture, 3D cell culture, molecular cloning, transfections, generation of stable cell lines, various phenotypic assays, in vivo mouse work)
2. Participation in group meetings, institute’s seminars, courses and conferences.
3. Preparation of posters and publications.
4. Preparing reports.
5. Studying literature on a regular basis.
6. Preparing a PhD thesis.
Profile of candidates/requirements:
1. Degree in biotechnology, medicine or similar field (or about to graduate until end of September 2019).
2. Have a strong background in cell biology and biology of cancer.
3. Have excellent written and oral communication skills in English .
4. Have good presentation skills (ideally having presented on international conferences).
5. Have been an author on scientific publications.
6. Show a good level of independence, self-reliability and motivation.
7. Have permission for participation in in vivo work (not essential).
1. Motivation letter.
3. A list of publications and conferences attended.
4. One letter of support from an academic supervisor.
1. Possibility to work in a young, active team in an excellent scientific environment (access to the state-of-the-art equipment).
2. Mentoring in laboratory techniques and personal development.
3. Participation in conferences.
Please submit the following documents to: The required documents must be sent by e-mail in PDF format to email@example.com before the deadline. The recruitment committee will interview selected candidates before making the final decision. The interview will take place one week after the deadline.
To allow us to process your data, please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. KrakowskiePrzedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw. I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
In accordance with Article 13 of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – general regulation on data protection (Official Journal of the EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) the University of Warsaw informs that:
1. The Controller of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at KrakowskiePrzedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa;
2. The Controller has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
3. Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
4. The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 221 § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labour Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
5. Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labour Code is mandatory, and the remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
6. The data will not be shared with any external entities;
7. The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
8. You have the right to access your personal data, to rectify, erase them, restrict their processing, object to processing, and to withdraw the consent at any time;
9. You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data.”
Termin nadsyłania aplikacji: 30/06/2019
Słowa kluczowe: breast cancer