W ramach przeprowadzonego postępowania Komisja Konkursowa rekomendowała kandydaturę dr Teresy Szczepińskiej oraz dr Michała Łaźniewskiego na stanowisko młody doktor (adiunkt).
Title of the position: Adiunkt
Scientific discipline:bioinformatics and computational genomics
Number of job offers:2
Remuneration/Stipend amount/month:Approximately 1500 EUR / month
Position starts on:02/02/2019
Maximum period of contract/stipend agreement:up to 9 months
Institution:Laboratory of Functional and Structural Genomics
Project leader:prof. Dariusz Plewczyński
Project title: Biochemical Adjustments of native EBOV Glycoprotein in Patient Sample to Unmask target Epitopes for Rapid Diagnostic Testing. The genomic dynamical landscape of Human genome in response to Ebola infection.
Key responsibilities include:
We are looking for a PostDoc to implement research plans related to the prediction and analysis of protein and protein-protein complexes 3D structures, protein interaction networks in the context of functional interpretation of host-pathogen interactions.
Responsibilities will include Bioinformatics analysis, computational genomics, 3D protein and 3D protein-protein complexes structure modelling, protein sequence analysis, protein-protein networks analysis, statistical analysis of RNAseq experimental data, analyzing the simulations results, formulating biophysical hyphothesis, publications preparation
Profile of candidates/requirements:
We are looking for researchers who will perform data-driven computational modelling using protein structure prediction techniques (molecular dynamics, molecular mechanics) as input. You will be investigating the role of host-pathogen protein interactions, host and pathogen genomes including their organisation and transcription regulation in human population.
Successful candidates will:
1. PhD in computer science, biophysics, biochemistry, bioinformatics or related discipline
2. Documented experience with genomics data
3. Preferred experience in virus genomes, population genomics, DNA sequencing data, RNAseq, microarrays data analysis
4. Priority will be given to candidates with expertise relevant to the project and in agreement with the general profile of the laboratory. Preliminary work done by applicant in the context of protein and protein-protein complexes 3D structure prediction and analysis will be treated as the strong asset.
5. Essential requirements cover the ability to work in collaboration with others, within a large research team, performing several parallel scientific tasks, independent thinking and finally the ability to deliver publishable results.
6. Needed the highly motivated individuals willing to work in an interdisciplinary environment under stress and with strict deadlines.
protein modeling, docking, genomic data analysis, RNA-seq, whole genome sequencing data analysis
a. CV with the list of papers
b. Motivation letter (host-pathogen interactions, Ebola virus)
c. Letter of support
d. PhD certificate
e. Short written document about recent advances in Ebola virus research
The project provides unique opportunities for interdisciplinary work between biology, physics, and computer sciences, as well as well established and long-lasting international collaborations with recognized academic institutes and universities in US, Europe and China. Close collaboration with industry will be present as well. We provide also the access to modern 1D and 3D bioinformatics and computational genomics tools and alghortithms and support from experienced researchers from abroad.
Please submit the following documents to:Applications should be sent via email to: email@example.com
To allow us to process your data, please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw. I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
In accordance with Article 13 of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – general regulation on data protection (Official Journal of the EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) the University of Warsaw informs that:
- The administrator of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- The Administrator has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: email@example.com;
- Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
- The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 22(1) § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labour Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
- Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labour Code is mandatory (this is: name(s) and surname, parents’ first names, date of birth, address of residence, correspondence address, education, previous employment);
- The remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
- The data will not be shared with any external entities, except for the cases provided for by law;
- The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
- You have the right to access your personal data, rectify, erase, restrict its processing and to withdraw the consent at any time – the withdrawal of consent to processing data should be done in written form, acceptably by e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data;
- Your application will be archived and stored for auditing purposes;
The name of the selected candidate/s will be made public on the CeNT UW website in accordance with the requirements of the funding agency.
Termin nadsyłania aplikacji: 13/01/2019
Słowa kluczowe: bioinformatics, protein sequences, protein structures, human genome, 1000 Genomes project, RNA-seq, host-pathogen interactions