Title of the position: Students to work in the Quantum Optical Communication Systems Laboratory
Scientific discipline: Optical physics, information theory, quantum optics
Job type: Stipend
Number of job offers: 2
Stipend amount/month: 1500 – 2500 PLN gross/month
Position starts on: 1 October 2019
Maximum period of contract/stipend agreement: up to 24 months
Institution: Centre of New Technologies
Project leader: Konrad Banaszek
Project title: Quantum Optical Communication Systems
Project is carried out within the TEAM programme of the Foundation for Polish Science
Project Description: The objective of the project is to develop new concepts for signal modulation and detection in optical communication systems using recent advances in quantum information science and quantum optics.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Modelling of optical channels;
2. Development of modulation and detection schemes with emphasis on coherent detection;
3. Analysis of effects of noise and imperfections;
4. Development of novel reconstruction techniques
Profile of candidates/requirements:
Experience in at least one of the fields: optical physics, quantum physics, quantum optics, information theory, photonics commensurate with the education level of the candidate.
1. Curriculum vitae
2. Research record
3. Academic transcript
4. Contact details of at least one senior researcher familiar with candidate’s work
Participation in an exciting research project related to the development of future generations of communication systems.
Please submit the following documents to: Please send the application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To allow us to process your data, please include the following statement in your application:
Pursuant to Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), University of Warsaw hereby informs:
1. The Controller of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa;
2. The Controller has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: email@example.com;
3. Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
4. The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 221 § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labor Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
5. Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labor Code is mandatory, and the remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
6. The data will not be shared with any external entities;
7. The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
8. You have the right to access your personal data, to rectify, erase them, restrict their processing, object to processing, and to withdraw the consent at any time;
9. You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data.
I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw.
I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.
(place and date) (signature of the person applying for employment)
Tags: Optical physics, information theory, quantum optics