Title of the position: Student
Scientific discipline: Biology
Job type: Scholarship
Number of job offers: 1
Remuneration/Stipend amount/month: 1000 PLN
Position starts on: 01.10.2019
Maximum period of contract/stipend agreement: 18 months
Institution: Laboratory of Paleogenetics and Conservation Genetics
Project leader: dr hab. Magdalena Niedziałkowska (in CeNT dr Mateusz Baca)
Project title: Phylogeography, genetic diversity and habitats of occuence of moose (Alces alces) in Eurasia in Late Pleistocene and Holocene
Project Description: The aims of the project are: recognition of the genetic diversity, identification of habitats of occurrence and reconstruction of changes in the range of moose (Alces alces) in Eurasia in the time period of the last 50 000 years using various interdisciplinary methods.
Key responsibilities include:
The MS student will be involved in ancient DNA analysis planed in the project. She/he will performe DNA extraction from paleontological samples, preparation of the sequencing libraries and high throughput sequencing at Illumina platform as well as bioinformatic and phylogenetic analyses of the obtained data.
Profile of candidates/requirements:
We are looking for highly motivated candidates accepted into the master’s degree program of biology, biotechnology or molecular biology (state on 01.10.2019). Candidate should be experienced in laboratory work.
CV, copy of BC diploma
Stimulating and friendly work environment.
Please submit the following documents to: Documents must be submitted by email: email@example.com
To allow us to process your data, please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. KrakowskiePrzedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw. I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
In accordance with Article 13 of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – general regulation on data protection (Official Journal of the EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) the University of Warsaw informs that:
- The Controller of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at KrakowskiePrzedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa;
- The Controller has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
- The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 221 § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labour Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
- Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labour Code is mandatory, and the remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
- The data will not be shared with any external entities;
- The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
- You have the right to access your personal data, to rectify, erase them, restrict their processing, object to processing, and to withdraw the consent at any time;
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data.”
Tags: ancient DNA, next generation sequencing