Centre for Quantum Optical Technologies (QOT) International Research Agenda Unit is looking for a highly motivated and organised person for a specialist position, to coordinate the procurement of materials and services in order to maintain the continuity of research processes.
The Centre has been established in partnership with the University of Oxford under the International Research Agenda Programme operated by the Foundation for Polish Science and is hosted by the Centre of New Technologies, an interdisciplinary scientific unit of the University of Warsaw focused on research and technology development. The Centre for Quantum Optical Technologies (QOT) aims to explore quantum phenomena, such as superpositions and entanglement, in optical and optically controlled system, with the long-term prospects of their practical utilisation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Caring about research process continuity of QOT Unit by organisation and processing of the procedure for purchasing materials and services in accordance with the Public Procurement Law (i.e. preparation of OPZ (description of the subject of the order) / Specification of Essential Terms of the Order).
- Cooperation with other team members involved in the implementation of the project in the matters of proper work continuity of research equipment.
- Participation in preparation of reports from research works and dissemination of project results.
- Implementation of obligations stemming from the Public Procurement Law, sponsor policies and internal procedures of the University of Warsaw.
- Cooperation with University organizational units and external suppliers within the scope of responsibilities.
- Supervision of the documentation resulting from the position held.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Solid knowledge of the tender procedures and the Public Procurement Law.
- MSc in Physics, Mathematics or Informatics will be an asset.
- High level of flexibility and ability to adapt to changing workloads and priorities required.
- Ability to provide accurate information professionally, courteously and in a timely manner, respecting appropriate confidentialities, is required.
- Must be a fast learner, able to work independently with appropriate instruction and minimal supervision.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in Polish and English, strong time management, organizational and interpersonal skills are required.
- Sound decision-making capabilities required.
- Previous experience working within a higher education institution, research institution, funding agency or similar organization is preferred.
- Several years of demonstrated experience in a research environment, preferably at a major university, and in administrative procedures and computer applications would be considered a strong asset.
- Competitive salary adequate to presented skills and experience
- Employment contract
- Interesting and challenging work in an international environment
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter
- Information on the processing of personal data -information clause and consent clause for processing personal data in the application process, signed and scanned, or electronically signed, that can be downloaded from http://qot.cent.uw.edu.pl/positions/ .
Documents should be sent to email@example.com as pdf files attached to a single email message with reference “Specialist”, until March, 12th 2020.
Thanking all applicants for their interest, we will contact only selected candidates.