Title of the position: Group Leader (adiunkt naukowy)
Scientific discipline: Quantum technologies, optical physics, quantum optics, quantum photonics
Job type: Employment contract
Number of job offers: 3
Remuneration/Stipend amount/month: max. 27 000 PLN of average full remuneration cost per month (includes “thirteenth salary” bonus), i.e. expected net monthly salary max. 13 600 PLN + “thirteenth salary” bonus.
Position starts on: 1 September 2019 or later
Maximum period of contract/stipend agreement: up to 30th April 2023 (with a possibility of extension)
Institution: Centre for Quantum Optical Technologies International Research Agenda Unit
Project leader: Konrad Banaszek
Project title: Quantum Optical Technologies
Project Description: The aim of the project is to establish the Centre for Quantum Optical Technologies whose mission is the exploration of specifically quantum phenomena, such as superpositions and entanglement, to develop new modes of quantum information processing and transmission, metrology, sensing, and imaging with long-term prospects of their practical utilisation.
Key responsibilities include:
i. establishing and supervising a research group in the area of quantum optical technologies;
ii. organising and carrying out research effort that will place the Centre at the forefront of scientific developments at the world-wide scale;
iii. dissemination of results to the scientific community and public and large;
iv. seeking possible industrial connections.
Profile of candidates/requirements:
i. a doctorate in a discipline relevant to the research agenda pursued at the Centre;
ii. outstanding research achievements reflected by the publication record;
iii. leadership skills required to direct a research group;
iv. openness to internal and external collaborations.
i. curriculum vitae;
ii. research record with a full list of publications;
iii. description of research plans, including innovation potential and possible prospects to establish industrial connections;
iv. supporting statement specifying how the candidate meets the search criteria and can contribute to the operation of the Centre at large;
v. names and contact details of at least three senior researchers who may act as referees.
(document should be sent as pdf files attached to a single e-mail message)
An opportunity to create and lead one’s own research group in an exciting scientific field with technological prospects. The Centre offers a start-up package financing junior research positions (postdocs, PhD students, and students) commensurate with the experience and research plans of the group leader.
Please submit the following documents to: E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use “Group Leader application” in the title of the message
To allow us to process your data, please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. KrakowskiePrzedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw. I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
In accordance with Article 13 of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – general regulation on data protection (Official Journal of the EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) the University of Warsaw informs that:
- The Controller of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at KrakowskiePrzedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa;
- The Controller has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: email@example.com;
- Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
- The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 221 § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labour Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
- Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labour Code is mandatory, and the remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
- The data will not be shared with any external entities;
- The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
- You have the right to access your personal data, to rectify, erase them, restrict their processing, object to processing, and to withdraw the consent at any time;
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data.”
Project is carried out within the International Research Agenda programme of the Foundation for Polish Science
Tags: Quantum technologies, optical physics, quantum optics, quantum photonics