Results of the competition:
As part of the conducted procedure, the Competition Committee recommended the candidacy of Dr Teresa Szczepińska, Dr Vahid Rezaei Tabar and Dr Ayatullah Faruk Mollah for the post of Postdoctoral Researchers.
Computational Modelling Postdocs
Laboratory of Functional and Structural Genomics is searching for 2 postdoctoral researchers to join the “iCell: information processing in living organisms. The role of three-dimensional structure and multi-scale properties in controlling the biological processes in a cell” Project
Entity: Centre of New Technologies, University of Warsaw
WWW: https://cent.uw.edu.pl and http://nucleus3d.cent.uw.edu.pl
We are looking for researchers who will perform data-driven computational modelling using 3D genomics techniques (chromatin conformation capture) as input. You will be investigating the role of 3D chromatin structure in storing, processing and evolving biological information; Spatiotemporal 4D genome organization and transcription regulation in human population.
Successful candidates will:
1. PhD in computer science, biophysics, biochemistry, bioinformatics or related discipline
2. Documented experience with genomics data
3. Preferred experience in population genomics, DNA sequencing data, epigenomics, RNAseq, ATAC-seq data analysis
4. Priority will be given to candidates with expertise relevant to the iCell project and in agreement with the general profile of the laboratory. Preliminary work done by applicant in the context of 3DGenomics will be treated as the strong asset.
5. Essential requirements cover the ability to work in collaboration with others, within a large research team, performing several parallel scientific tasks, independent thinking and finally the ability to deliver publishable results.
6. Needed the highly motivated individuals willing to work in an interdisciplinary environment under stress and with strict deadlines.
We are looking for a PostDoc to implement research plans related to the prediction and analysis of protein-protein and protein-DNA / RNA interaction networks in the context of functional interpretation of structural data from the human genome.
Responsibilities will include:
1. Three-dimensional computational modeling using ChIA-PET, Hi-C and HiChIP experimental data
2. Statistical analysis of epigenomic data, ATAC-seq, ChIP-seq, RNAseq experimental data
3. Analyzing the simulations results, formulating biophysical hyphothesis
4. Publications preparation
Type of NCN grant and Pannell: Opus Grant ST
Deadline for applications: 01/09/2018 23:59
1. Status: Full time
2. Employment: Contract
3. Type: Defined
4. Period: up to 10 Months
5. Positions start on: 01/10/2018
6. Remuneration: Depending on experience up to 10 000 PLN Gross/month
1. Required documents:
b. Motivation letter (why I would like to join 3DGenomics field?)
c. Letter of support
d. MSc, PhD certificate
e. Short written document about recent advances in 3D genomics
2. Method of application: Email, (with “iCell Postdoc” in the subject line)
3.Where to apply: dr hab. Dariusz Plewczynski, PhD, prof. UW; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel.: +48 22 554 36 54;
iCell project provides unique opportunities for interdisciplinary work between biology, physics, and computer sciences, as well as well established and long-lasting international collaborations with recognized academic institutes and universities in US. Close collaboration with industry will be present as well. We provide also the access to modern 1D and 3D genomics equipment and support from other experienced researchers. International partner (Prof. Yijun Ruan) will be co-supervising your work at the laboratory.
· Offers will be accepted until the laureate is announced.
· In the case of not signing the contract by the candidate, due to the resignation, we reserve the right to choose the next candidate from the ranking list.
·We reserve the rights to invite the selected candidates only.
Information and agreement clause
To allow us to process your data, please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw. I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
In accordance with Article 13 of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – general regulation on data protection (Official Journal of the EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) the University of Warsaw informs that:
1. The Administrator of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa;
2. The Administrator has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: email@example.com;
3. Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
4. The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 22(1) § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labour Code (uniformed text: Dz. U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
5. Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labour Code is mandatory (this is: name(s) and surname, parents’ first names, date of birth, address of residence, correspondence address, education, previous employment);
6. The remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
7. The data will not be shared with any external entities, except for the cases provided for by law;
8. The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
9. You have the right to access your personal data, rectify, erase, restrict its processing and to withdraw the consent at any time – the withdrawal of consent to processing data should be done in written form, acceptably by e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.;
10. You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data
11. Your application will be archived and stored for auditing purposes;
12. The name of the selected candidate/s will be made public on the CeNT UW website in accordance with the requirements of the funding agency.
Tags: 1000 Genomes project, structural variants, genome structure, higher order chromatin organisation, ChIA-PET, Hi-C, genome architecture, bioinformatics, copy number variants, ENCODE, autoimmune diseases