Results of the competition:
By means of a conducted competition, the competition committee has recommended Siranjeevi Nagaraj, PhD, for the position of postdoc (adjunct) in the project.
Director of Centre of New Technologies of the University of Warsaw, with the approval from the Rector of the University of Warsaw, announces opening of the position of Postdoc (Adjunct)in the group of researchers in the Interdisciplinary Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Biophysics Centre of New Technologies of the University of Warsaw.
Position in the project: Postdoc (Adjunct)
Laboratory: Interdisciplinary Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Biophysics
Scientific discipline: Life sciences ( molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology)
Keywords: Translation, mRNA degradation, immunogenicity, cap structure
Job type (employment contract/stipend): Employment contract, full-time
Number of job offers: 1
Remuneration amount/month 10 000 PLN gross gross (6 000 – 7 000 PLN net)
Position starts on: 02.11.2020
Maximum period of contract agreement: 24 months with the possibility of extension up to 36 months
Institution: Centre of New Technologies, University of Warsaw
Project leader: Prof. Edward Darżynkiewicz
Project title: Designing modified mRNAs as vaccines and therapeutic protein carriers. Studies on their immunogenicity in the context of translational activity and cellular stability.
Competition type; Opus 17
Financing institution: NCN
Project description: This is an interdisciplinary project aimed at understanding the importance of various cap structure modifications, their influence on the process of translation, degradation and recognition of mRNA. As a part of our research we will design transcripts that will contain new cap analogues ensuring high translational efficiency and resistance to degradation, and additional structural elements to ensure correct identification of the mRNA introduced into the cell. Synthesized mRNA molecules will be tested for use in anticancer therapies and regenerative medicine.
Key responsibilities include:
Planning of experiments, execution of experiments, data analysis, preparation of manuscripts, presentation of data at conferences
Profile of candidates/requirements:
The competition is open to persons who meet the conditions specified in:
– Act of 20 July 2018 Law on higher education and science (Journal of Laws of 2020, item 85, as amended) and the Statutes of the University of Warsaw;
– Regulations on the allocation of resources for the implementation of tasks financed by the National Centre of Science for Opus 17 grant;
Candidates must have a PhD in the field of biological or related sciences and have strong knowledge and proven laboratory experience in the fields of cell or molecular biology The candidate should hold a PhD degree for no longer than 7 years before the date of signing an employment agreement in the project. The PhD degree should be obtained on in a country of the EU, EFTA, OECD or nostrified on the date of employment at the latest.
Enquiries related to the position may be sent to: email@example.com
1. Cover letter
2. Current curriculum vitae
3. Copy of PhD certificate or a document confirming that the Candidate will obtain the PhD degree prior to the date of employment for the project
4. Information on scientific publication and a list of attended conferences
5. Two letters of recommendations submitted directly to the email address indicated below
6. Information on the processing of personal data – the form is available at the University of Warsaw webpage: http://bsp.adm.uw.edu.pl/bsp/druki-i-formularze
7. Declaration confirming that the candidate has read and accepted the rules of conducting competitions, covered in the following documents: Order of the Rector of UW No. 106 Par. 119, 122 of the UW Statutes Resolution No. 443 of 26 June 2019
We offer: Interesting work in a dynamically developing team. Laboratory equipped with modern research equipment. Friendly working environment. International cooperation, possibility of further development.
Please submit the application documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the email title “CeNT-36-2020”
Application deadline: 30.09.2020
Date of announcing the results: 15.10.2020
Method of notification about the results: e-mail
The competition is the first stage of the recruitment procedure for the position of academic teacher specified in the Statutes of the University of Warsaw, and its positive result is the basis for further proceedings. Following an initial screening of the applications, selected candidates will be contacted by e-mail for further recruitment steps.
Information about the competition is also available on the website of the University of Warsaw.
Tags: Translation, mRNA degradation, immunogenicity, cap structure