Results of the competition:
As part of the conducted procedure, the Competition Committee recommended the candidacy of Dr Agnieszka Popielec for the post of Postdoctoral Researcher.
Title of the position: Post-doctoral researcher in the field of (bio)chemistry
Number of job offers:1
Remuneration/Stipend amount/month:5200 PLN gross/month
Position starts on:01/01/2019
Maximum period of contract/stipend agreement:for 1 year with possible extension depending on funding
Institution:Biomolecular Machines Laboratory
Project leader: Prof. Joanna Trylska
Project title: “The effect of crowded environment on the catalytic activity and dynamics of viral proteases”
Project description:Enzyme structural dynamics and kinetic parameters characterizing their catalytic activities are typically investigated in dilute solutions. However, in vivo, these biochemical reactions occur in cells that are packed with other macromolecules, such as proteins, ribosomes, and lipids. The objective of this project is to determine how the crowded environment affects the catalytic activity of selected proteolytic enzymes. The experimental part of the project involves chemical synthesis of substrates and fluorescence spectroscopy measurements.
Key responsibilities include:
• Involvement in the studies to determine how the crowded environment affects the catalytic activity of selected viral proteolytic enzymes.
• Preparation of manuscripts and dissemination of the research results at international workshops and conferences.
Profile of candidates/requirements:
• with a PhD degree in chemical, biological or related sciences (must have obtained the PhD degree within 7 years before the starting year of the employment in the project),
• with the knowledge of the experimental biochemistry or biophysics methods,
• knowledge of isothermal titration calorimetry, fluorescence and absorbance spectroscopy will be beneficial.
• Send your CV and a short cover letter explaining why you would like to join our group (PDF is the preferred format).
• Applications should be in English and contain a record of scientific career and achievements (any previous research experience, participation in conferences, list of publications) and the names of two researchers willing to issue recommendation.
• contract with the University of Warsaw (full time position/employment contract) and gross employee salary of about 5200 PLN per month funded by the National Science Centre for 1 year with possible extension depending on funding,
• work in a group whose research bridges the fields of physics, chemistry and biological sciences.
Please submit the following documents to:Please submit the application documents to e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit the following documents to:email@example.com
To allow us to process your data, please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw. I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
In accordance with Article 13 of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – general regulation on data protection (Official Journal of the EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) the University of Warsaw informs that:
- The administrator of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- The Administrator has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: email@example.com;
- Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
- The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 22(1) § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labour Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
- Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labour Code is mandatory (this is: name(s) and surname, parents’ first names, date of birth, address of residence, correspondence address, education, previous employment);
- The remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
- The data will not be shared with any external entities, except for the cases provided for by law;
- The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
- You have the right to access your personal data, rectify, erase, restrict its processing and to withdraw the consent at any time – the withdrawal of consent to processing data should be done in written form, acceptably by e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data;
- Your application will be archived and stored for auditing purposes;
- The name of the selected candidate/s will be made public on the CeNT UW website in accordance with the requirements of the funding agency.
Tags: enzymatic reactions, viral proteases, macromolecular crowders, isothermal titration calorimetry, fluorescence spectroscopy