Results of the competition:
As part of the conducted procedure, the Competition Committee recommended the candidacy of Dr Margot Jacquet for the post of Postdoctoral Researcher.
Post-Doctoral Research Assistant in Artificial Photosynthesis
Centre of New Technologies, University of Warsaw
Design and optimisation of molecular interface for efficient electron transfer within photosystem I-based photovoltaic devices (PDRA 2)
Applications are invited for a 2-year full-time post-doctoral position in the Solar Fuels Lab, Centre of New Technologies, University of Warsaw, Poland. The position has been funded by the Polish National Science Centre within the OPUS14 call.
The aim of this project is to develop a new class of efficient biophotoelectrodes with significantly improved power conversion efficiency by application of a novel class of coordination molecular wires, based on highly conjugated terpyridine ligand complexes with transition metals, for interfacing the robust photoconverting molecular machine, photosystem I, with various types of conductive electrode materials. It is anticipated that the results obtained in this project will lead to the development of a universal chemical platform for efficient interfacing various (bio)molecular components which require a high degree of precise molecular organization within various types of biosolar cells, solar-to-fuel devices and biophotosensors.
The applicants should hold a PhD in organic chemistry/electrochemistry or a related discipline, with a knowledge, insight, and proven technical ability in organic synthesis and spectroscopic characterisation of terpyridine-based ligands or similar aromatic conjugated compounds. Previous experience with electrode surface modification by organic self-assembled monolayers will be a major advantage. The highly interdisciplinary project will be conducted in the Solar Fuels Laboratory of Dr hab. Joanna Kargul (solar.biol.uw.edu.pl), Centre of New Technologies, University of Warsaw, in collaboration with the world-class expert in organic synthesis of heterocycles, Prof. Daniel Gryko (Institute of Organic Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences). Additional funds are available to attend relevant workshops and international conferences.
Additional Job Details
Approximate gross Salary: 7 300 – 9 200 PLN/month according to qualifications and experience
Start date: 1 October 2018 or as soon as possible afterwards
Post-doctoral candidates should:
- hold a PhD or equivalent in organic chemistry, electrochemistry, or a related discipline (obtained within the last 5 years)
- provide a list of publications and conference abstracts
- demonstrate exceptional creativity and problem-solving ability, meticulous laboratory technique and record-keeping, along with a strong work ethic and determination to rapidly meet technical objectives.
A fluent command of spoken and written English is essential.
Applicants should send a curriculum vitae, including a list of publications, cover letter, and contact details of 2 referees to Dr. hab. Joanna Kargul (firstname.lastname@example.org), quoting ‘OPUS14 PDRA 2’ in the subject line. Informal enquiries are welcome. The closing date for the receipt of applications is 10 September 2018. Interviews of shortlisted candidates will be scheduled for the week beginning on 17 September 2018. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The University of Warsaw is committed to equality and diversity, and encourages applications from all sections of the community.
Information and agreement clause
To allow us to process your data, please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw. I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
In accordance with Article 13 of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – general regulation on data protection (Official Journal of the EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) the University of Warsaw informs that:
- The Controller of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa;
- The Controller has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: email@example.com;
- Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
- The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 221 § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labour Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
- Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labour Code is mandatory, and the remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
- The data will not be shared with any external entities;
- The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
- You have the right to access your personal data, to rectify, erase them, restrict their processing, object to processing, and to withdraw the consent at any time;
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data.”
Tags: biophotovoltaics, electrochemistry, artificial photosynthesis