Results of the competition:
As part of the conducted procedure, the Competition Committee recommended the candidacy of Dr Bożena Kuźniewska for the post of Postdoctoral Researcher.
Title of the position: Post-doc to the Laboratory of Molecular Basis of Synaptic Plasticity
Number of job offers:1
Remuneration/Stipend amount/month:5 000 PLN/month brutto
Position starts on:11.11.2018
Maximum period of contract/stipend agreement:12 months
Institution:Laboratory of Molecular Basis of Synaptic Plasticity
Project leader:[project leader]
Project title: Identification of proteins locally synthesized at the synapse in response to neuronal stimulation in physiology and fragile X syndrome.
Key responsibilities include:
The person will be responsible for design and execution of experiments, data analysis and writing of manuscripts. For the realization of all planed research tasks it will be important to find a candidate which fulfills the following criteria:
– expertise in animal handling (appropriate certificate)
– expertise in molecular biology (RNA extraction, qRT-PCR, IP, polyribosomal profiling, click chemistry) primary neuronal cultures, immunofluorescent labelling and confocal microscopy
– sample preparation for mass spectrometry and data analysis (basic)
Additionally dissection of the brain structures and preparation of synaptoneurosomes will be a strong point in recruitment procedure.
Profile of candidates/requirements:
* PhD in biology or related sciences (the applicant must have obtained her/his doctoral degree no sooner than 7 years before the starting year of the employment in the project, excluding maternity/paternity leave and health leave);
* documented research experience in molecular biology;
* strong interest in neurobiology;
* fluent English;
* previous training in neurobiology, animal experimentation, bioimaging
* capacity for logical and critical thinking;
* ability to direct her/his experimental efforts independently.
* cover letter;
* scientific CV including your personal data, education, research experience, main achievements,
* list of publications;
* PhD certificate, or master degree certificate with a statement about the foreseen date of PhD thesis defense;
* contact details for two people that can provide recommendations.
Please submit the following documents to:Application should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com
We reserve the rights to interview the shortlisted candidates only;
In the case of not signing the contract by the selected candidate, due to the resignation, we reserve the rights to choose the next candidate from the ranking list.
“Project is carried out within the International Research Agenda programme of the Foundation for Polish Science”.
To allow us to process your data, please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. KrakowskiePrzedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw. I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
In accordance with Article 13 of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – general regulation on data protection (Official Journal of the EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) the University of Warsaw informs that:
- The Controller of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at KrakowskiePrzedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa;
- The Controller has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
- The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 221 § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labour Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
- Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labour Code is mandatory, and the remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
- The data will not be shared with any external entities;
- The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
- You have the right to access your personal data, to rectify, erase them, restrict their processing, object to processing, and to withdraw the consent at any time;
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data.”
Tags: fragile X syndrome, synapse, proteomics