Results of the competition:
As part of the conducted procedure, the Competition Committee recommended the candidacy of Ewy Nawrocka, MSc for the post of PhD student.
Position in the project: PhD student
Job type (employment contract/stipend): Scholarship
Number of job oﬀers: 1
Remuneration/stipend mount/month: 4000 PLN/month (gross)
Position starts on: 1.07.2018
The maximum period of contract/stipend agreement: 3 years
Institution: Centre of New Technologies, University of Warsaw
Project leader: Dr. Krzysztof Kazimierczuk
Project title: „Methods of non-stationary signal processing for more sensitive NMR spectroscopy” Project is carried out within the FIRST TEAM programme of the Foundation for Polish Science
The goal of the project is to develop novel methods of data processing for “serial” Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) experiments. Methods of analysis of non-stationary signals will be implemented in various types of experiments – from the study of small molecules and their mixtures to studies of macromolecules. The expected result of the project will be a package of experimental protocols and programs for data processing.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Implementation of the developed solutions based on the analysis of non-stationary signals in practical applications
2. The development of multidimensional NMR methods (also pure-shift and solid-state) based on the new signal processing techniques.
3. Gathering tools developed in the project and describing how they can be operated by potential users.
Proﬁle of candidates/requirements:
1. Master degree in chemistry, physics or biophysics
2. Understanding of basics of NMR spectroscopy
3. Practical experience in NMR spectroscopy is welcome
4. Basic programming skills are welcome
5. Candidate has to be a member of PhD studies at the University of Warsaw and will obtain a stipend of 4000 PLN a month for the duration of the studies (3 years). In the case of students of the Faculty of Chemistry, the coordinator of the project shall become a PhD supervisor.
1. Cover le5er, describing Candidate motivation
2. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
3. Master degree cerfiﬁcate
4. One or more le5ers of recommendation from a scientist who is familiar with the Candidate (submi5ed directly to the email address below)
5. Information on scienfiﬁc publications, scholarships, prizes and awards or other relevant documents demonstrating the excellence of Candidate
6. A list of a5ended conferences with titles and authors of presentations
An interdisciplinary environment of the Center of New Technologies Work in a dynamic group engaged in international collaborations
Direct contact with high-class equipment (Agilent 700 MHz and Magritek 43 MHz spectrometers).
Please submit the following documents to: email@example.com, email entitled: „PhD STUDENT APPLICATION”
For more details about the position please visit: www.nmr.cent.uw.edu.pl
Please include in your oﬀer: “I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended.”
Tags: NMR, spectrocscopy, physics