The Center of New Technologies at the University of Warsaw is an interdisciplinary research unit whose goal is to create an environment open to new ideas and projects, enabling the development and education of science and economy leaders. The Center conducts research in the field of biology, chemistry, physics and information technologies that are implemented, that are carried out also with the use of modern IT and computing infrastructure.
In order to further develop and ensure the highest IT standards, the New Technologies Center is looking for a highly motivated person for the position of Linux Administrator.
- administration of IT systems based on the Linux operating system
- maintenance, modernization and development of CeNT UW IT infrastructure (LAN network, network services, network services, hardware facilities and work with computer equipment providing the above-mentioned services)
- participation in the design and creation of IT infrastructure development strategies
- support of CeNT UW research workers in the field of server configuration used by laboratories
- minimum 2 years of experience in designing, launching, maintaining and administering network services (DNS, DHCP, NAT, HTTP, VPN, SMTP, IP Tables) implemented with the use of software running as part of the Linux operating system
- minimum 2 years of experience in the position responsible for the operation, modernization and development of infrastructure operating in environments based on the Linux operating system
- experience in designing, launching, maintaining and administering wired and wireless local computer networks consisting of at least several dozen network devices
- good organization of work, the ability to plan and prioritize tasks, independence, teamwork
- skill and practice in implementing open source software in the workplace
- experience in implementing and using virtualization platforms
- experience in administering, configuring, maintaining and using software for monitoring IT infrastructure (e.g. Zabbix, Nagios, …)
- attention to detail, practical ability to prepare procedures and their documentation
- knowledge of Polish at the proficiency level (min. C1)
- knowledge of English at the advanced level (min. B2)
Will be a plus:
- experience in the administration of SAN arrays and networks
- experience in assembling / disassembling server equipment in RACK cabinets, cabling equipment in RACK cabinets
- LPIC-1, RHCSA or similar certificates
- having CCNA, CCNA Security or similar certificates
- experience in installing and managing scientific software on computing clusters
- experience in working in a server room and knowledge of the solutions used in them (power systems, cooling systems, extinguishing systems)
- experience in managing projects related to large investments in the field of IT infrastructure (> PLN 1 million)
- the opportunity to expand knowledge and gain practice in the issues described in the requirements
- friendly working atmosphere
- work in a modern building on the Ochota campus for prestigious grants
- full time or 4/5 time
- stationary work at the seat of CeNT UW (Warsaw, ul. Banacha 2c)
If you are interested in the offer and meet the requirements specified in the advertisement, please send your CV along with a cover letter documenting the required qualifications and experience to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org (in the subject please enter: recruitment for the position of Linux Administrator) in by September 12, 2020.
Please also read, sign and return the attached information clause regarding the processing of personal data. RODO Clause
Thanking all applicants for their interest, we would like to inform you that we will contact only selected candidates.