Biomolecular Machines Laboratory http://bionano.cent.uw.edu.pl at the Centre of New Technologies University of Warsaw has an opening for an investigator (with at least a BSc. degree) in the field of molecular modeling to perform computer simulations in the HARMONIA project funded by the Polish National Science Centre
“Predicting affinity of ligands to RNA. The case of an aminoglycoside-sensing riboswitch“
We are looking for a motivated candidate:
- with at least a BSc. degree (or expected to obtain one within 3 months) in physics, chemistry, bioinformatics, mathematics, computer science or related discipline,
- with basic knowledge of linux operating system,
- knowledge of high-performance computing and programming skills will be beneficial.
- work as an investigator in the National Science Centre HARMONIA project,
- possible remuneration if according to the NCN regulations the candidate is not funded (full-time contract or fellowship) from any other National Science Centre project at the time of receiving remuneration (discussed individually).
- the outcome of the project may be the basis of the MSc. thesis,
- work in a group whose research bridges the fields of physics, chemistry and biological sciences.
- the HARMONIA project is in collaboration with the Japanese research institution RIKEN and the group of prof. Yuji Sugita so there is a possibility of travel to this center.
- send your CV to prof. Joanna Trylska firstname.lastname@example.org (PDF is the preferred format). Please include in your CV: “I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended.”
- Applications should be in English and contain if applicable any previous research experience, such as participation in conferences and a list of publications.
- Top candidates will be invited for an interview (or a conference-call). We reserve the right to contact and reply to only selected candidates. If the top candidate does not sign the contract, due to resignation, we reserve the right to choose the next candidate from the ranking list.
Applications will be accepted until May 31st 2019 or until the position is filled.
Tags: molecular modeling, biomolecular machines