Results of the competition:
As part of the conducted procedure, the Competition Committee recommended the candidacy of Dr Jan Kołodyński and Dr Alexander Streltsov for the post of Group leaders (adiunkt naukowy).
Position in the project: Group leader (adiunkt naukowy)
Scientific discipline: Quantum technologies, optical physics, quantum optics, quantum photonics
Job type: Employment contract
Number of job offers: 4
Remuneration: max. 27 000 PLN of average full remuneration cost per month (includes “thirteenth salary” bonus), i.e. expected net monthly salary max. 13 600 PLN + “thirteenth salary” bonus.
Position starts on: 1 July 2018 or later
Maximum period of contract: 4 years (with a possibility of extension)
Institution: Centre of New Technologies, University of Warsaw
Project leader: Professor Konrad Banaszek
Project title: Quantum Optical Technologies
Project is carried out within the International Research Agenda programme of the Foundation for Polish Science
The aim of the project is to establish the Centre for Quantum Optical Technologies whose mission is the exploration of specifically quantum phenomena, such as superpositions and entanglement, to develop new modes of quantum information processing and transmission, metrology, sensing, and imaging with long-term prospects of their practical utilisation.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Establishing and supervising a research group in the area of quantum optical technologies
2. Organising and carrying out research effort that will place the Centre at the forefront of scientific developments at the world-wide scale;
3. Dissemination of results to the scientific community and public and large
4. Seeking possible industrial connections.
Profile of candidates/requirements:
1. a doctorate in a discipline relevant to the research agenda pursued at the Centre;
2. outstanding research achievements reflected by the publication record;
3. leadership skills required to direct a research group;
4. openness to internal and external collaborations.
1. curriculum vitae;
2. research record with a full list of publications;
3. description of research plans, including innovation potential and possible prospects to establish industrial connections;
4. supporting statement specifying how the candidate meets the search criteria and can contribute to the operation of the Centre at large;
5. names and contact details of at least three senior researchers who may act as referees
(document should be sent as pdf files attached to a single e-mail message)
An opportunity to create and lead one’s own research group in an exciting scientific field with technological prospects. The Centre offers a start-up package financing junior research positions (postdocs, PhD students, and students) commensurate with the experience and research plans of the group leader.
Please submit the following documents to e-mail address: email@example.com
Please use “Group Leader application” in the title of the message
Application deadline: 11th June 2018
It is planned that the candidates will be notified by 15th June 2018 about outcome of the first stage of recruitment process.
Interviews (remote or in person) for short-listed candidates are planned for 20th June 2018
For more details about the position please visit: https://cent.uw.edu.pl/en/qot
Please include in your offer:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended.”
Tags: Quantum technologies, optical physics, quantum optics, quantum photonics